home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Monday, May 24, 2010

Blueberries for Me

May Stuff 10 020
I am so excited I can't stand it! I have my very OWN blueberry bushes. I have always wanted them but never thought I would get to have them. Last fall a blueberry farm near us when out of business and sold off all their mature bushes for $10 each. I got myself 6 lovely bushes. I am so happy. I would have bought more but these weighed a ton and were hard to get home. I can't wait till June when they are ripe.

6 comments:

Shawnee said...

YUMMMM!!!! What a lucky buy.

Marylois said...

I do have a recipe for home bottled blueberry pie filling if you get enough to do that with.

sb said...

What a beautiful plant!

queen of everything said...

the only crop of blueberries i got from my bush my daughter inhaled with a giant grin on her face. o how i miss my bushes

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Now, THAT'S an investment! Good buy!

Kochernut Mama said...

I LOVE BLUEBERRIES!!! I have a good friend from MI that just happens to have a LARGE family owned blueberry farm. Last year I brought home 20lbs and that wasn't nearly enough..lol. This year she brought me 10 plants that we just got in the ground last week! Some have a few blueberries on them, but not nearly enough to suit me! Calling ourselves 'Blueberry Farmer's' now ;0) Blueberry bushes in IL are scarce and I'm not sure how I feel about sharing...lol. Good luck...those look wonderful. Feel free to share any good blueberry recipes you stumble across in your many ways to use them. They make WONDERFUL jam!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...