home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Friday, October 23, 2009

Ozark Christmas Stockings

I know it is still early BUT in true anti procrastination spirit of the Holidays, I am posting my stocking selection now rather than the week before Christmas.
Stockings 018
I have a collection of Old Quilt Stockings that I have made. These are made from an old quilt top I rescued from an antique mall here. Sadly the shop is no longer there.
The quilt top was hand made by someone with less than perfect quilting skills however, it was packed with charm and I was delighted with the effort and hard work that had been put into each stitch. The poor top had also suffered some damage so I rescued the top and turned it into a set of Christmas stockings. There were 14 in all but there are only 10 left in the shop.
I also have some stockings made with some rescued and re purposed hand made lace.
Go check it out at

3 comments:

CC said...

Oooo, your stocking is just gorgeous. Your work is always so very lovely.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

So cute and glad you rescued the old quilt.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog! Such a happy place to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...