home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tiger Milk

I love that name. It is so descriptive. My children love it too. This is a treat my mom used to make for me when I was little. I think we called them peanut butter balls or something like that.
They are really yummy and packed with good things for you. They make a great after school snack or a great family treat that takes the place of sugared treats.

Tiger milk

Tiger Milk

1 cup powdered milk
1/4 cup honey
1 cup peanut butter

I put this in the food processor or you can mix by hand.

We also add
1/2 cup chopped raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
1/2 cup coconut (unsweetened)

Variations: Try adding 1/2 cup of:
miniature marshmallows chopped
dates chopped dried
apricots
crushed graham crackers
chopped nuts, roasted
rice crispies
chocolate chips
bananas
molasses
toasted coconut
pumpkin seeds, roasted
sunflower seeds, roasted
Directions:

Mix all together and press into square cake pan. Cut and wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a really great treat and so simple. I will have to pass this recipe to my grandaughter..she loves peanut butter. Thanks for the recipe..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...