home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Hen Day - Crepes

Ok I am really slipping behind on posting hen day. I forgot to bring my camera to hen day so I can't show you the things we did. We were working on drafting our own wrap pattern. We learned a lot about patterns and drafting. I will be using the info in the forthcoming November Apron.

We had a wrap theme and ate wrapped food. I made tortilla pinwheels that were tasty.
Vea and Jill worked on Chocolate filled crepes. They were to die for.
I made them today for my family. They are too good.

Crapes

Here are the recipes:

Crepes:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Sift together flour, sugar and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together with an electric mixer. Beat in flour mixture until smooth; stir in melted butter.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 2 tablespoons for each crepe. Tip and rotate pan to spread batter as thinly as possible. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Chocolate Filling
Mix together and set aside:
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup milk
In another bowl mix together:
1 pkg chocolate pudding mix (instant)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
Mix both together.
Whip 1 cup of whipping cream.
Add it to the pudding mixture and fold in.
Refrigerate to set.

Chocolate Ganache
1 cup cream
1 cup or so of dark chocolate chips

Bring the cream just to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate. Stir until melted.

To serve the crepes, lay a crepe out flat. Add a scoop of the filling. Roll it up, folding in the sides as you go (looks like a burrito).
Put strawberries on top. Top with ganache.

Now try not to give in and eat the whole bowl.
The original recipe has you use a whole can of sweetened condensed milk mixed with 1/4 cup water. I found that was too much sugar for me. Even this way was rather sweet. I think I might leave the condensed milk out next time and just use low fat milk. It was plenty sweet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...