home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Friday, August 17, 2007

Peg Doll Party

8
My oldest daughter, Sarah, turned 10 this week. With the confusion of starting a new school year, we opted for a quiet birthday with a couple of good friends. We chose to have a peg doll party. What is that?? We took old cloths pegs and made dolls with them. It was great fun.
First we helped them by drawing faces.
1
Then the girls pained on hair with acrylic paints.
2
Then the girls chose fabrics from my scrap bag to make their dresses. We hot glued these in place.
34
Here are the creators.
5
Anne, Sarah, Caroline, Olivia, Hannah, and Natalie.
The creations.
6
I know it is blurry but it was the best of the lot. No one could hold still.
The Cake
7
We tried to make mushrooms but got gooey blobs instead. The idea came from Martha Stewart, but I am SO NOT Martha!
I will share the frosting recipe though. It is like crack on just about anything. Holy cow! we were ready to lick our kids faces it tasted so good!
Butter Glaze
2 3/4 sticks butter (11 oz) (I always use salted, it tastes better)
3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp milk
3 pounds powdered sugar (sift it!! ask me how I know!)
Melt the butter over medium heat until good and bubbly. I found that this cooks off any funky flavor in your butter (if you happen to have that). Stir in the milk.
2. Whisk in the sugar until the mixture is thickened but still pourable and so there are no more lumps. (about 4-5 minutes)
USE IMMEDIATELY!!

You can ladle this over cookies, cakes, whatever. Place them on a rack over wax paper to catch the drips.

Little Jed Horner
Little mister JEB sat down on his Lard bucket to enjoy some tasty crunchings and munchings.

4 comments:

angeliclenore said...

Too much fun!!

I was just noticing these yesterday and I was thinking how cool it would be to make the peg doll apron. You always craft the cool things the day after I see them! I think that is just too fabulous!!

futuregirl said...

Looks like a great party. My mouth is watering looking at those cupcakes. Yum! And, who can't be smitten with Jeb?! He comes with his own lard bucket! :)

Lucy said...

I have to agree with you! I am a pretty big sucker when it comes to JEB. His cheeks are sweet without frosting. :o)
Angelic, I am thinking I need to do a peg doll apron in time for Christmas this year. We'll have to see what I come up with. It is getting harder and harder to do aprons (that I like) that don't need patter pieces. I have some more funness in my head but we will have to see if I can translate them to aprons.

Louise said...

Brilliant party idea. With three daughters I will have to keep that one in mind!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...