home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Pork Tacos

Taco
I have to share this recipe with you. My sister, Mary, shared this with our family and I had to give it a try. She calls it Cuban Pork Roast. It is so full of flavor and not too salty. I like that.
For my Tacos, I use only plain corn tortillas. They are so much better for you than the wheat flour ones. I opt for the plain tortillas over fried shells too for health reasons.
What I do is take the corn tortillas and heat them in a cast iron pan (that has NO oil in it). This will soften up the tortillas so they don't just break on you.
Then we layer on the goodies we like,
And they are:
Pork Roast
green onions
chopped tomatoes
cheese
avocados
etc.

Here is the Pork Recipe:
2 to 3 pound boneless pork roast
1 Tablespoon minced garlic (I use 3+ Cloves)
2 Tablespoons minced parsley
1 Tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons lime juice
2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons olive oil

Directions:
Mix all together except the pork. Rub the mixture over all surfaces of the pork. Cover well, and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours.
Roast the pork in the oven at 425 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. (that seems a little short to me)
My sister (and I did too) put it into the crock pot and cooked in for 10 hours on low.
I then took it out of the pot and shredded it with a fork.

Chopped tomatoes:
Chop up Roma tomatoes
Add some chopped fresh Basil
Add a pinch of salt
Let it set for a couple of minutes to bring all the flavors together. This gave a really nice kick to the tomatoes.

1 comment:

Marylois said...

That's the way I like eating it, wrapped up in a corn tortilla. I would add a little guacamole and some light sour cream. Yummmmmmm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...